COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
At Emerge Medical and Well Spa we are committed to the safety of our clients and staff. Below are the steps we are taking to ensure we are compliant with the CDC’s guidelines.
- Prior to booking an appointment clients must answer NO to the following questions proving they are of little or no risk.
- Have you experienced a new fever above 100.4 in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a new cough or shortness of breath in the past 14 days?
- Have you had to travel to a country of high transmission of COVID-19?
- Have you had contact with anyone experiencing the symptoms above or that have traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
- Clients are not permitted entrance into the building until their appointment time.
- Before entry clients MUST WEAR A MASK. Masks may only be removed for services that require you to do so. If you do not have a mask you may purchase one for only $10. If you refuse to wear a mask you will be asked to reschedule your appointment immediately.
- Upon entry, clients must immediately sanitize their hands (hand sanitizer will be provided)
- Upon entry, clients will also be required to have their temperature taken.
- We will then ask that you sign the consent that you agreed to by phone.
- Once the consent is complete your therapist will meet you at the front and escort you to the restroom where you will be required to thoroughly wash your hands.
- You will then be taken to your treatment room.
- After your treatment, you will be escorted to the front area to check out.
- We all must maintain a distance of 6ft apart so you may be asked to wait a few minutes until other clients have cleared the check out area.
Protocols for Staff Members
Due to recent events with the COVID-19 epidemic the owners of Emerge Medical and Well Spa are placing top priority on keeping you and our clients as safe and healthy. In order to do this, new required protocols are being implemented immediately.
Upon arrival all employees will enter through the Spa door. The following processes must be followed and documented. A sign in sheet will be located at the front desk for each employee to answer a few basic questions. Be sure to sign the form after completion.
Before entering the building:
- Place mask over face including complete nose and chin coverage
Once inside the door:
- Sanitize hands using the sanitizer provided at the front desk
- Take temperature
- Complete form
Additionally, please adhere to the following:
- Wipe frequently touched surfaces every hour with disinfectant provided
- Wash hands upon entering the kitchen
- Wash hands after eating
- Use paper towel to turn the water on and off
- Use paper towel to open doors
- Please cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid using others’ pens, phones, desks, computers when possible
- If you are sick please stay home
- If you or a client have any of the COVID – 19 symptoms please notify management immediately.
Full-time employees diagnosed with COVID-19 will be paid sick leave for two weeks.
As an employee of Emerge Medical and Well Spa you are eligible to take a blood test for $70 to check for antibodies to COVID-19. This test will only let you know if the antibodies are present and does not guarantee immunity in the event of future exposure. Please inform management if you wish to take this test.
Please let management know if you need additional supplies and keep management informed if supplies are getting low.
Our Nurse Practitioner, Amy, is staying educated for the health and safety of our patients and our practice as a whole when it comes to the COVID-19 pandemic.
She received a Record of Achievement from the World Health Organization for COVID-19 and a Certificate of Completion on the Coronavirus Disease Pandemic from NetCE.
In support of improving patient care, NetCE is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Here are a few brief spa policies and information for Emerge Medical and Well Spa.