If you’ve struggled with acne scars, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, or fine lines, you might be curious about an innovative procedure called microneedling.
This blog post from Emerge Medical and Well Spa in Tulsa, OK, explains the unique benefits of microneedling and helps you decide if the procedure is suitable for your special skin issues.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that uses tiny needles to micro-puncture the skin. The little pricks of the needle trigger the skin to produce more collagen and elastin, leaving your skin looking firmer and smoother.
It penetrates deep into the skin, so it’s very effective in treating acne scars, wrinkles and for minimizing large pores.
Is It Painful?
Microneedling, when done by a licensed esthetician at Emerge, will not hurt. It is also considered a very low-risk procedure. However, you may experience some slight redness and inflammation in the treated areas of your skin for one to three days after the procedure.
How do I Care For My Skin After Microneedling?
Here are a few aftercare tips:
- Wash your hands before touching your face
- Do not wear makeup for at least 24-hours after the procedure.
- Do not use any products containing harsh chemicals.
- Wear sunscreen for at least two weeks after the procedure
- Avoid activities that may irritate your skin in the days after your procedure–such as swimming pools, saunas, or working up a sweat in the gym.
Related Post: The Benefits of Dermaplaning
Is It Right For My Skin?
Microneedling may be an excellent fit for you if:
- You struggle with wrinkles, acne scars, sunspots, or hyperpigmentation that has not responded to other treatments such as chemical peels.
- You want a treatment that penetrates beyond the first layer of your skin.
- You have not had any severe reactions to past skin treatments, including peels or botox.
- You would like firmer, more youthful skin.
- You don’t mind a small amount of discomfort and downtime after your procedure.
Microneedling at Emerge Medical and Well Spa
Emerge Medical and Well Spa professionals in Tulsa, OK, are happy to speak with you about all your skin-care treatment options, including microneedling! Emerge is a full-service medical spa ready to help you feel relaxed and revitalized. Contact us today for a free consultation!