Tips for staying young
Written By: Ric Harrison
The sun is responsible for the majority of visible aging but there are other factors as well.
Smoking damages skin and cause wrinkles as well as excessive drinking. These are all things that we have control over so here a few things we can do to keep our skin beautiful;
· End the sunbathing, any suntan means skin damage.
· Always wear sunscreen. Choose a product with SPF 15 or greater. Don’t forget your hands, they are as frequently exposed as your face (if not more).
· Try to always wear a hat that shades your face.
· Stop smoking (yes you can, I know you can because I did)!
· Stop excessive drinking. Excessive drinking is more than one drink a day for women, two for men (not my opinion, a fact).
· Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. That is when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
Ultraviolet rays from the sun penetrate into our skin, causing damage. The rays damage the elastic fibers that keep our skin firm, allowing wrinkles to develop. The sun is also responsible for age spots or “liver spots” on the hands, face, and other sun-exposed areas.
A number of wrinkles that develop, and how prominent they are, are largely dependent on a person’s lifetime sun exposure. While we can’t go back and put sunscreen on our carefree 10-year-old selves, we can stop the damage that’s happening now.
Even with perfect sunscreen use wrinkles can’t be prevented completely. Some wrinkling is hereditary, and a certain amount of wrinkles are natural to aging. (Remember at Emerge Medical and Well Spa we have many options for getting rid of some of those wrinkles and looking younger.)
Effective use of sunscreens will not only limit skin aging but will also reduce skin cancer risk! Slow the aging process by eliminating these skin wrinkles!
Be Well & Be Beautiful
Trackback from your site.